Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some tips on living with PD (long version)

10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Parkinson’s
1. Can you determine the reason I developed Parkinson's disease?
2. What are my treatment options?
3. What are the pros and cons of each treatment?
4. What short-term and long-term side effects can I anticipate from the treatment? Is there anything I can do to minimize them?
5. Can you recommend any support groups for my family and me?
6. Are there any nondrug options that might help? What lifestyle modifications can I make to help me feel better?
7. Are there any foods, supplements, or over-the-counter medications I should avoid?
8. Where can I find more information about the illness?
9. Can you recommend any relaxation and stress-relief techniques?
10. Are there any clinical trials I can participate in?
WebMD Medical Reference

No comments: