Tuesday, January 26, 2010

blood pressure and dizziness

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:52 am Post subject: climate changes and blood pressure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

climate changes and blood pressure

I was on three weeks holiday in Europe recently.

It is winter in Europe and am flying from tropicial country, Malaysia.

I have low blood pressure due to sideeffect with Parkinson’s
medication.

I do not have problem during my stay in Europe as I put on enough winter cloth to protect the cold and to warm up our body blood pressure,

The airline compartment is heated against the cold during the journey.

I enjoyed gym exercise at the fitness centre,,steam bath and sauna during the stay..

I have problem on the scecond day after I fly back from Europe.

I feel dizzinness at the taxic backseat after comming back from shopping and I could not stand and feel unstable, as the result I knelt down my body with conscious

In the flying flight they lower down the heated temp. and we have to take down our winter cloth to lower down our body temperature.

Kindly advise

I

Back to top


Dr. Fernandez



Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 90

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not particularly sure if climate really has an effect on PD.

I practiced for 5 years in the Northeast, now I have been practicing in the Southeast in the last 6 years or so, and I don't see much difference. I also don's really notice if my patients get better or worse in the summer as compared to winter.

When people travel though, it can affect their PD...diet change, routine change, timezone changes which therefore affect sleep patterns are all factors that play a role. My best advice is to keep your routine as much as possible. Adjust to the weather and the new time zone as fast as you can and keep your meal times as consistent as possible.

Consistency is the key.

Yours,
_________________
Hubert H. Fernandez


Warm weather can lower your blood pressure due to increased sweating (loss of fluid from the body) and dilatation (engorgement) of the blood vessels under the skin. The low blood pressure can explain your dizziness and fainting spell. Furthermore, the pooling of blood under your skin diverts the blood from your brain, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the brain.

The Parkinson's medications also have a role to play in your dizziness because they lower the blood pressure.

At the moment, I think there is no need to change your Parkinson's medications. Just remember to drink more fluids the next time you return from european countries.

Dr.Chew







PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem and actually got off requip because I fainted about 20 times a day and this is not an exaggeration. Eating is the only thing now that causes a major problem for me and I know during digestion a lot of blood is diverted to the digestive system so I have to drink a lot of fluids and eat salty foods or just eat a little salt with the water. I posted about learning how to do a controlled fall because I have this problem and it was terrifying for me and my SO as she can't stop me from falling - only keep my head from hitting the ground. Now that I can do a controlled fall I am much more confidant but still try to drink a lot of fluids. I too have major problems in the summer 90m degree high humidity environment. If we go to an outdoor activity many times I've had to stay in the car with the air conditioning on and I came close to having a heat stroke. So do be careful. This is a dangerous situation. Drink a lot, eat some salty food and learn how to fall so you don't get hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]