Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Parkinson's is not the end

Anonymous
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:39 pm Post subject: Parkinson's is not the end

Parkinson's is not the End by Staff Condition Overview It’s there if we want it, but we must reach for it. Fulfillment is not far and is entirely accessible. A diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease is not a sentence of something terrible, if we accept it as we accept without question the consequences of ageing! We must move ahead into that part of our future within our control by: Identifying our unused talents and skills. Applying them. How do we identify our latent abilities? Easy! Make a list, a long list, of goals in which you have an interest (what would you really like to do or be?), and one or two will stand out as being the most appealing because you plan to work on them first. It can get exciting! Every one of us has hidden abilities we have not yet used, as I discovered. Until I was a year or so into Parkinson’s, I had not realized I was able to write well. Now I have authored quite a few books. I discovered yet another hidden talent in writing children’s books. My new full-time avocation is keeping me busy and constantly presents new goals. Just as Satisfied With Life Now As I Was Before Parkinson's Hit! I wish to add the very important fact that I quit driving years ago— before I did something bad. This keeps me at home most of the time. My lovely bride of 37 years works full time, but that’s OK. I have plenty to look forward to, every day, as I count my blessings. Life is good.
Back to top


Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:21 am Post subject:

Thanks for your wonderful note and you are right Parkinson is not the end._________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.

No comments: