Monday, August 4, 2008

An surge of interest of Parkinson's

Anonymous
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:06 am Post subject: New interest in an old disease

Dear Doctor,

Parkinson is an old disease since eighteen century.

Suddenly there is an surge of interest and publicity as there are recently more young Parkinson's patients.

Exercises suddenly a hot topic to be discussed to slowdown the PD disease. TEOKIMHOE
Back to top


Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:15 am Post subject:

Thanks for the comment. PD has been around a long time... Shakespeare....why dost though quiver man?_________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I hope that the interest in Parkinson's continues.
My mom lived with Parkinson's. I say "lived" because that's what she did--until the very end at 92 years old.
While I'm grateful for all the research, I'd like to see more emphasis on how to live with/cope/manage the disease. Families need support--today.
(BTW, I'm in Florida as well)

~Carol O'Dell
Author of Mothering Mother: A Daughter's Humorous and Heartbreaking Memoir
available on Amazon
www.mothering-mother.com