Sunday, February 24, 2008

REQUIP (Ropinirole) by Dr. Chew Nee Kong

For an incurable illness such as PD, it is certainly hoped that there should be at least a way to slow down the progression of illness, i.e. the rate of brain cell loss. Unfortunately, so far, no medication has been unequivocably proven to be able to slow down the progression of PD. The good news is that dopamine agonists (Pramipexole, Ropinirole) have been shown to have potential neuroprotective effect - the ability to slow down the rate of brain cell loss. Experimental studies have shown that dopamine agonists can protect nerve cells from the damage caused by poison. The ability of dopamine agonists to protect the brain cells (if it is true) can help Parkinson's patients to have additional several years of relatively good quality of life, and without motor complications (the involuntary movement). Despite this, I still think that there is a potential neuroprotective property of dopamine agonists. I still prefer to use dopamine agonists as the first-line medications for my PD patients. I am happy that Pramipexole and Ropinirole have recently arrived in Malaysia, and I am already prescribing them to my patients. Dr Chew Nee Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia._________________to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I started to get real income.
It gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]