Sunday, November 18, 2007

How I discover that I have parkinson's?

I have consulted three neurologists to detect my PD. One is in Singapore Mount E and one in Kuala Lumpur both found me as age ageing .

The third one in Bangkok detected me as PD and prescribed me medication.

The doctors have difficulties to detect me as Parkinson's .

PD is a movement disorders as it varies on different patients

I have to learn to overcome the side effect of the medication by reading the PD articles and do stretching for my muscles stiffness and rigidity by trainers and taking part fitness programs at gym centre.

It helps me for my constipation. PD patients have movement disorders that they lost movement coordination that affecting your muscles i.e. eyes sight,speech,digestion,face (stiff face )and stoop body postures and etc.

It varies from one person to other. Therefore it is difficulty for doctors to detect especially for the PD begineer.

I went to Bumrungrad Hospital Bangkok to do Hormone therapy and micronutrients as they help me to stay healthy.

I believe they are useful for the PD patients. I do rolfing i.e. structural integration therapy once a week to stretching my body postures.

After one years hard work my parkinson's slow down from it's progression.

My doctor found me as an exceptional patient and pleased with my progress.

I am glad to share my experience on how I overcome the PD disease.

Dear Friend,

You make excellent points - it can be very difficult to diagnose PD, especially in the earliest stages, and some people do need to consult more than one physician. Also, exercise, as you point out, is of the utmost importance in maintaining good physical condition and helping with constipation.It sounds as though you have exceptionally fine doctors and therapists, and I'm sure many of us would be very interested in more information on your experiences, if you care to share this with us

.Best regards,

Kathrynne Holden, MS

No comments: